Select Page

Hello Bobcats! It is once again time for the Jumpstart School Supply Drive. Last year, the supply drive helped over 200 La Center students from Kindergarten through High School get a jumpstart back to school with school supplies and backpacks! Each classroom at the Elementary School will compete to earn an ice cream party. The Jumpstart School Supply Drive will be May 29th – June 9th. Please send in new school supplies with your children to help them compete for an ice cream party and to support the yearly Jumpstart Backpack Program.

Summer Camp Scholarships: Summer is a great time for children to have enriching experiences. For families in-need, FCRC has partnered with the Jewish Business Network to offer scholarships for La Center children 5 – 14 years to attend one week of summer day camp in Clark County! The scholarship covers 70% – 90% of the cost. If enrolling in a Vancouver Parks & Recreation Summer Camp, you could qualify to have the remaining 10% – 30% waived. Please see Aften in FCRC for details.

1-2-3 Grow & Learn: Do you have a child five years of age or younger? Then come join FCRC’s 1-2-3 Grow & Learn class every Wednesday from 1:15 P.M. – 2:45 P.M.! In partnership with ESD 112, we offer this free early education experience to La Center families. Julie Jacobson, our Grow & Learn facilitator, leads parent-child time, child socializing, and school readiness activities for parents and young children. No need to register before your first class, just come to the Elementary School on Wednesday afternoons to participate.

If you have any questions or would like to connect, please feel free to contact me.

Aften Pankiewicz-Waldram FCRC Coordinator
E: Aften.P-W@lacenterschools.org P: 360-263-2134 Ext. 231

 

 

 

4/FJ_mHIn--Eyyfi_il4x4SVpy7EiO5sll6WGeMC-wHg4