La Center High School Supply List
(please note that all classes will use these basic supplies)
- blue or black ink pens
- #2 pencils and a separate eraser (i.e. pink eraser)
- 2-3 pkgs. college-ruled paper to start year
- 12 or 24 pack colored pencils
- 5 highlighters (yellow, green, blue, pink, orange)
- glue sticks or tape
- index cards and sticky notes
- graph paper for all math, science and Env. Studies classes
- compass, protractor, and straight-edged ruler for all math and science classes
- pencil pouch/container to hold supplies
- scientific calculator for math and science classes (classroom sets available for in school use only)
- graphing calculator (suggested TI-83 or TI-84) for AP Stats
Additional Supplies By Teacher
U.S. HISTORY: 2 spiral-bound notebooks.
ACCOUNTING: A calculator. You may NOT use your phone for a calculator!
ENGLISH: Composition Book– Dedicated to English only.
FRESHMAN PHYSICS: 2 composition books, one per semester
Dennis Composition Book for notes
PE: Combination lock, athletic shoes & clothing to dress down daily
HEALTH – Spiral Notebook, Composition Notebook
AP ENGLISH: 1-½” binder, tab dividers
9th ENGLISH: composition book
HEALTH: composition book
2” or 3” binder, spiral-bound notebook, tab dividers
Spiral Notebook, 3×5” unlined note cards, Whiteboard marker
2” binder for math class only
Composition Book / Calculator
GEOMETRY: A good quality compass
ENGLISH: composition book
BIOLOGY & FRESHMAN PHYSICS: 2 composition books and pocket folder, one per semester
MARINE BIOLOGY AND ZOOLOGY: notebook/composition book for notes and pocket folder.
Spiral notebook or composition book to keep math notes
U.S. HISTORY: (100) 3”x5” index cards, post-its (small: 1-½”x2” or 3”x3”)
ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES: To be emailed to parents and students via Skyward OR see link below https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jwqWpPSvZdqcy6wnLFqwJ12NCs0AdIUabfPw7jw0tZU/edit
2 composition notebooks (1 per semester), safety glasses (sold at high school for $3)
Spiral notebook for math notes, 3×5 index cards, 2-3” math-only binder (Algebra 1),
2 composition notebooks (1 per semester)
2 spiral-bound notebook*, 1 pocket folder for German
*Spiral-bound notebooks and composition books should be SINGLE-SUBJECT only and COLLEGE-RULED unless otherwise specified.