Books & Magazines
You can print what you need for class from any of the library computers. We even have a color printer for assignments that require it! Ask the library/media tech for help if you haven’t printed her before or run into trouble.
Color: HSLIB_Color ( sometimes shows as LC2375-HSLIB_Color)
You cannot print from Internet Explorer. If the Chrome icon is missing, click the “Start” button on the lower left and type in “Chrome.” If you then drag the Chrome icon onto the task-bar (across the bottom of the screen) it should be there for you the next time you log in.
Your library/media tech, Mrs. Yee, is an avid researcher. Whether you need someone to guide you through the LCHS research resources or help finding a particularly stubborn piece of information, she’s happy to help. The best times are before and after school, but you can also get help at lunch or during class with your teachers permission. If you’re looking for help outside of school hours, try one of these online tutorials: WBO: Student, “How to Do Research” (you’ll need to log in for the link to work) or the Purdue O.W.L. Research & Citation Guide.
When conducting your initial research on Google, a list of search operators can really help.
We usually have Chromebooks available for checkout. The checkout is for one class period only.
We can retrieve your Skyward and Saturn passwords for you, and if they’ve mysteriously stopped working, we can request a reset for you.
The La Center Public Library
It can be tough to get books from the La Center library if you don’t live in town. Luckily for you, we have a pick up and drop off service for students.
Tech Specific Rules
Follow the district’s Acceptable Use Policy. Doing so is the only way to maintain access.
Rule Highlights for Library Tech Use:
- You may not stream anything using the school’s devices or WiFi unless it is specifically assigned for a class.
- You may use your personal devices in the library; just remember that you are still subject to the Acceptable Use Policy
- Anything you access here, even on your own device or using your cell data, must be appropriate for school.
- If you are streaming content on your own device before/after school or at lunch, you may be asked to show that you are not using the school’s WiFi.
- If you need to make or accept a call, you may step into the hallway just outside the library doors to do so without signing out.
- You must remain where you are visible through the library windows in order to remain signed in.
- Wear headphones or mute any sound.
- FYI – if the sound playing through your headphones can be heard by anyone else, you’re almost certainly damaging your hearing.
Consequences of Breaking Tech Rule #1 or #2 in the Library
- If you should break one of these rules, you will be given a reminder one time and one time only.
- If you are accessing or uploading/posting content that’s inappropriate for school, there will be no reminder.
- Any further breach of either rule will result in (at a minimum) active monitoring of your online activity using GoGuardian while in the library for the remainder of the school year.
General Library Rules
- You MUST sign in when entering the library without a teacher or paraprofessional during scheduled class periods.
- This DOES includes lunch because lunches run concurrently with period 4
- If you leave the library, you MUST sign out except when taking a call as described above
- Yes, even if you’re just going to the restroom
- This allows the librarian or library/media tech to know who they are responsible for in the event of an emergency or drill.
- Be courteous and respectful to both adults and other students
- Drinks with lids are OK (no open cans)
- No Eating in the Library
- Except at the two armchairs directly in front of the Check-Out desk
- Sit on chairs, not tables or shelves
- No feet on library tables or shelves
Fort Vancouver Regional Library (Includes the La Center Library)
See Mrs. Yee for an application.