LC High School Bullying Prevention Resources
- Harmful, hurtful or humiliating words or actions
- And the person targeted feels they have less social or physical power
Bullying can happen to anyone. Bullying can happen at school, in the community, or online.
High School Resources
What LCHS Does to Create a Positive School Climate
- Developing relationships with students
- Teacher/student relationships build trust, confidence, empowerment and self responsibility.
- Paras working with small groups and one-to-one in the classrooms.
- Counselors are available for all students to discuss social, emotional, and academic issues.
- Administration are active listeners to student’s concerns, issues, and viewpoints.
- Peer tutoring/mentoring taking place in Focus classes.
- Mentoring programs for high school students to support elementary and middle school students.
- Challenge Course
- Chess Club
- Science Club
- Drama Club
- Knowledge Bowl
- Honor Society
- Fall Sports: Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, Soccer, Swimming
- Winter Sports: Wrestling, Girls/Boys Basketball, Unified Basketball
- Spring Sports: Track, Baseball Softball
- Student Leadership/ASB class offers opportunities for students to become active leaders in our school culture.
- Wildcats Achieving Connections is a student group focusing on climate and culture issues in school and our community.
- Coffee Cart provides students with an opportunity to develop skills in multiple areas.
- Clubs offer team building relationships and leadership opportunities:
- Athletic Programs
- Small group counseling
- Weekly school-wide behavior meeting with administrators and counselors
- MTSS – weekly monitoring student success through grade
- Staff training at ESD 112 and throughout the Portland Metro area
- Workshop/training in safety, effective discipline, student interventions, effective social, emotional learning practices, mental health workshops,
- Climate and culture survey to students and staff.
- Restorative Practices during discipline issues and student relationship issues.
- Education (parents/community)
- Building relationships with families and interact with student’s doctors, counselors and other resources to support student success.
- See Something/Say Something – Green Button for students and parents to report to administration positives, concerns, and reported events. Located on the high school webpage.