LCSD Internet Access (Hot Spots) Assistance Program
The Internet Access Assistance Program is designed to reimburse families for the cost of purchasing a “hot spot” and paying for ongoing hotspot data usage for those families who cannot afford internet service for the use of their child(ren)’s educational learning provided by the La Center School District during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Qualifications for reimbursements are: (Both qualifications are necessary to be eligible)
- The child(ren) is enrolled in La Center School District 2.0 Distance Learning or Home School Academy
- The family qualifies for the National School Lunch Program at La Center School District
Requirements needed for reimbursement
- Completed 2020-21Household Application for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
- Completed Consent to Share Child Nutrition Program Eligibility form (p.3) (if you are already enrolled in free & reduced program, we still need permission for Food Service to share that information with the District Office, please fill out the consent to share form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Completed Request for Reimbursement form for each reimbursement claim
- Completed W-9 Form (We need this to be able to cut a check within our payment system)
- Original receipts from “hot spot” vendor showing the family has paid for the “hot spot” during the 2020/21 school year in which COVID-19 pandemic has affected “in person” learning with the district. Receipts should be stapled to Request for Reimbursement form
- The family’s child(ren) is/are enrolled and attending either of education with La Center School District 2.0 Distance Learning or La Center School District Home School Academy
Reimbursements will be up to $100 for activation fee/hotspot purchase and up to a total of $35 per month for data usage per family.
Request for Reimbursement forms along with original receipts may be dropped off at the district office located on the high school campus or mailed to:
La Center School District
PO Box 1840
La Center, WA 98629
Attn: Bill Hrdina
Reimbursements for “hot spots” will be made on a monthly basis once all requirements are met by the family.
The District has been in contact with Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile and AT&T. All three companies are aware of our reimbursement program and are ready to help. If a different company gets better service where you live, we will still reimburse you at the same rate.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Bill Hrdina or Nancy Carner, 360-263-2131